We are a group of citizens who are dedicated to serving the local community through various service and fundraising projects. We want children to thrive, learn, grow, succeed, and play curiously. The Westlake Kiwanis Club is a 501(c)3 tax deductible organization and all of the money is used to support the children in the community and all the service projects.
The primary purpose of this club is to improve the quality of life for children and families
worldwide by adhering to the Objects of Kiwanis International, which are:
To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
To promote the adoption and application of higher social, business, and professional
To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable
To provide, through this club, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render
altruistic service, and to build a better community.
To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism
which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the world one child and one community at a time.
Kiwanis will be a positive influence in communities worldwide — so that one day, all children will wake up in communities that believe in them, nurture them and provide the support they need to thrive, play and learn.
Service Leadership Programs
Builders Club – provides students in a middle school environment grades 7-8 with an opportunity to give service to their community, learn about the operation of a volunteer organization and develop leadership skills.
Key Club – Provides students in the high school environment grades 9-12 with an opportunity to give service to their community. In addition, develop pride based on their individual opportunities to contribute and share. Learn about the operation on a volunteer service organization as well as rede- veloping leadership skills.
Aktion Club -An opportunity for adults with developmental disabilities to develop initiative and leadership roles in order to better serve their communities and contribute as citizens. Members also assist the Kiwanis Club in fundraising and community service projects. This program welcomes inclusion and anyone is able to help out or participate.
- Pancake Breakfast-our major source of income for community funds is from our two Annual Pancake Breakfasts held in Westlake High School Cafeteria. Members sell tickets to individuals and corporate sponsors to fund the breakfast. The breakfast is held in the Fall and Spring of each year.
- Westlake Police K9 Fund-Support the Westlake Police K9 Unit by donating funds to purchase K-9 protective vests, other equipment, and training. We host family friendly fundraisers where kids can meet and greet with the K-9’s and their handlers.
- Food Distribution– Assist the Westlake Community Center with distributing food who need it during Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.
- Memorial day parade- Club organizes and sponsors the Westlake Memorial Day Parade and military ceremony.
- Westlake Invitational Soccer Tournament– On Memorial Day weekend we partner with Olmsted Falls Kiwanis to serve food and drinks to the spectators and athletes who attend this event.
- Meals on Wheels– Club donates funds and assists with delivery of meals to local elderly residents who are unable to shop or cook for themselves.
- Replay for Kids– Club partners with Replay For Kids, a local non-profit that adapts electronic controls on toys to allow physically impaired children to operate the switches and buttons.
- Mentor youth in Key Club and Builders Club– Sponsor high school Key Club and the middle school Builders Club to help develop leadership skills, volunteerism, self esteem, ownership, and guide them to succeed in the workplace and the world.
- Adopt a family– A Family who is less fortunate is selected during Christmas to receive gifts. The Builders Club gets together and goes to a store and they spend their own money to support the family.
- Safety town bike helmet– Donate funds to provide bicycling helmets for Westlake Children.
- Westlake High School Senior Scholarships- Provide scholarships to two Westlake High School graduating seniors based on GPA, community service, school activities.
- Special Olympics- Club sponsors a Special Olympics for Northeast Ohio individuals with developmental disabilities.