Who we are
Kiwanis Club of Westlake Ohio
Website URL: https://k03498.site.kiwanis.org/
This policy was updated on March 15, 2020
ABOUT OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Privacy Notice Modifications
- This privacy notice may by updated from time to time. When an update to the privacy notice occurs, the updated-on date on the privacy notice will be updated to reflect when the privacy notice was last updated and donors will be contacted via email, notifying them of the change.
Reviewing and Correcting Personal Information
This Privacy Notice applies to the information collected via email, phone, mail, online forms, paper forms and websites located here (collectively and individually referred to herein as the “Website”), which are operated by or for Kiwanis International, Inc. (collectively, “Kiwanis,” “we,” “our,” or “us”). The Website allows users to find out more about Kiwanis and its activities, and, in some cases, to participate in interactive activities on the Website. The Website is only for private, informational and entertainment.
We take your privacy very seriously. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to disclose to you what information we may collect from you, how we collect it, with whom we share it, and certain other matters related to such information, including the choices you have regarding our collection of information and our use and disclosure to other parties of information we have collected from you. If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, you should contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When this Privacy Notice references the term “personal information” we mean information that identifies a particular individual, such as your full name, street address, telephone number or email address. When other information, such as a hobby or demographic-identifier, is associated with personal information, it also becomes personal information for the purposes of this Privacy Notice.
Please read the information below to learn more about our data collection policies and practices.
- Types of Information That May Be Collected
- How Information Is Collected
- How We Use The Information Collected
- With Whom Your Information May Be Shared
- Links to Other Websites
- A Special Note For Parents Concerning Privacy
- Your Acceptance of The Privacy Notice and Changes to the policy
TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTEDInformation You Provide Us: When you contact us by phone, email, postal mail or when you visit certain portions of the Website, we may ask you to provide us with specific information, including:
- Individual information such as your name, user-name, internal identifier, government issued identification, picture, biometric data, age, race, national or ethnic origin, languages spoken, browsing behavior, call logs, links clicked, gender identity, geographic locale, income bracket, etc.
- Indirect information such as your email address, physical address, telephone number, IP address, Mac address, browser fingerprint, country, GPS coordinates, room number, etc.
Information We Collect on Your Behalf: To properly serve you as a Kiwanis member, we may store your publicly-available data, including:
- Thought information such as your opinions, intentions, interests, favorite foods, colors, likes, dislikes, music, passwords, PIN, mother’s maiden name, etc.
- Social information such as your job titles, salary, work history, school attended, certifications, social status, marital status, religion, political affiliations, communications meta-data, telephone recordings, voice mail, email, family structure, siblings, offspring, marriages, friends, social connections, relationships, associations, group memberships, etc.
- Ownership information such as income bracket, credit card number, bank account, purchases, sales, credit, income, loan records, transactions, taxes, purchases and spending habits, credit records, credit worthiness, credit standing, credit capacity, cars, houses, apartments, personal possessions, etc.
Site Usage InformationWe may receive and store certain types of Internet usage information whenever you visit the Website, such as your landing page, order of pages viewed, and other click stream data. See “IP Addresses and Click Stream Data” section below.
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTEDRegistration: In order to participate in Kiwanis membership activities and also in certain features of the Website, such as receiving electronic versions of Kiwanis newsletters, magazines, postcards, notices, alerts and invitations, you may be asked to complete a registration form and provide personal information; you will also be asked to choose a username and password and possibly establish your electronic communications preference profile in order to take advantage of the features located on these restricted portions of the Website. Registration is voluntary; however, you do have to register in order to participate in these portions of the Website. Registration requires the disclosure of certain personal information to us; however, you can control how we use that information by updating your electronic communications preference profile.
For questions or concerns regarding your personal information or electronic communications preferences, please contact a Member Services representative at email@example.com, 1-800-549-2647 (US and Canada), or 317-875-8755, ext 411 worldwide.
OPT OUT AND PUBLICATION DELIVERY MANAGEMENTWe use an email delivery provider to distribute our electronic communications. You may change your electronic communication preferences by editing your email preference profile at https://ki.informz.net/KI/pages/subscribe. Please also use this link to edit profile preferences at any time and unsubscribe (opt out).
By providing your email address, you are opting in to receive information from Kiwanis International and its family of programs. You may choose not to receive these kinds of emails by opting out (unsubscribing), changing your email notification settings, or adjusting preferences in your subscription profile. By providing your friends’ email addresses, you acknowledge that you have their permission to do so.
IP Addresses and Click-Stream Data: We may collect Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses and/or click-stream data. An IP address is a number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider) or your company. Standing alone, your IP address is not personal information. However, we may combine this information with personal information. Click-stream data is information collected by our computers when you request certain pages from the Website. Click-stream data may include such information as the page viewed, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. When analyzed, this data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at the Website, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising, and the like.
Transaction Information: If you conduct a financial transaction on our Website, such as buying merchandise, we will ask you to complete an order form that will request certain information from you, including contact information, demographic information and financial information. We will use this information to complete the transaction that you have requested, i.e., to deliver the information, products or other services that you order, and to send you an invoice (if necessary). For your protection, such information is collected and processed through encrypted means.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
As applicable, the information you provide to us may also be used to:
- Contact you about the Website;
- Contact you about Kiwanis organizations in your geographic area;
- Contact you relating to your membership or user status;
- Confirm or fulfill an order you have made;
- Send you print or electronic publications about Kiwanis;
- Monitor or improve the use of the Website;
- Maintain website security; and
- Extend an email invitation to your friends to participate in interactive activities on the Website
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITESYou should be aware that when you are on the Website you could be directed to other Websites beyond our control. For example, if you “click” on a banner advertisement, the “click” may take you off the Website onto a different website. These other websites may send their own cookies to you, independently collect data or solicit personal information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. If you visit a website that is linked to our Website, you should consult that website’s privacy Notice before providing any personal information.
SECURITYWe use reasonable measures to protect personal information that is stored within our database, and we restrict access to such information to those employees and agents who need access to perform their job functions, such as our customer service personnel and technical staff. However, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of this information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time. For additional information about the security measures we use on the Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS CONCERNING PRIVACYWe do not collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) on the Website. If in the future, we decide to collect personal information from children, we will do so in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (15 U.S.C. 6501 et seq.) including, without limitation, obtaining necessary parental consent.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES TO THE NOTICEBy using the Website, you signify your agreement to all of the terms of our Privacy Notice. We may amend this Privacy Notice at any time. If we make a material change to the way in which we collect, use, and/or share your personal information, we will post a notice on the Website. We will assume that you have given your permission for your information to be used under the terms of the new Privacy Notice.